Friday, November 12, 2010

Jennifer Rardin - Bitten in Two - Jaz Parks book 7



*Jennifer Rardin R.I.P*

Book Description

Jaz Parks here. I. Am. Pissed. Just as Vayl and I arrive in Morocco to secure an ancient artifact, he wakes up calling me by another woman's name. And it's not even a good one. But since any form of argument transforms him into an unholy terror, I'm forced to play along until the gang and I can figure out what kind of power has so vastly altered his perceptions.

So it's time for me to do what any well-trained assassin in my position might do. I attack. What follows is a hair-raising, breath-taking bullet train ride to the finish as the crew battles on multiple fronts. I now know what I have to do - I must return to hell one last time.



Review

This book left me feeling conflicted with a love-hate relationship towards it. I liked it. In some cases I really liked it but in others I found it hard to read and it left me wanting to put it down. The first part of the story was intriguing with Vayl thinking he was living in the past but it was not well introduced into the story. The reader joined the plot-line after it had already been happening for three days. This felt like I was missing something and I had to catch up. It also felt like a pointless distraction from the main plot-line (which was searching for the Rocenz). I would have enjoyed it more if the two story lines had crossed over to a larger extent.

The story had memorable moments between Vayl and Jazz, edge of your seat tension and funny interludes. What I found difficult to stomach was the relationship between Cole and Kyphas, the demon. Cole has always been a favorite of mine and every time there was a scene where it seemed like he could really care for her made me cringe. In addition, the hints placed in the storyline suggesting that someone will come along for Cole romantically in the future, combined with the ending, made the next book a little predictable for my liking.

All in all, I think I can safely say that many fans of the Jaz Parks series will not be disappointed in this recent addition. The story was well written and designed to captivate many a reader. A lot of my dislike towards the book was unfairly based around my personal soft spot for Cole and my disappointment in his attraction to Kyphas. The concept that there was something good in her was a little weak; as if that should be enough to allow for a connection with a demon that had tried to kill a friend.

My rating out of 5
 
3/5



No comments:

Post a Comment